A simple meatloaf made delicious with a jar of pineapple pepper jelly! Checkout this simple recipe below that is perfect for Summer dinners at home!
MAKES 8 SLICES
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground pork (we used chorizo)
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs (beaten)
1 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup That Dam Jam (We used Pineapple Yellow Pepper, any flavor will work!)
3/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1) For this recipe you will use both a loaf pan and a sheet pan - spray loaf pan with nonstick spray and line your sheet pan with a piece of foil and spray the foil with nonstick as well!
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in center
3) Measure out your ingredients & chop onions + garlic
4) Use your hands (wear gloves) to combine ground beef + pork meat mixture in a mixing bowl
5) In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients (Only Use half the pepper jelly and ketchup measured) (Use a new pair of gloves or a wooden spoon & combine thoroughly)
6) Stir in the meat mixture and using a spoon, combine until mixed evenly
7) Spoon mixture into a 9x4x4 loaf pan sprayed with non-stick
8) Bake for 30 mins
9) Remove your loaf from the oven, pour off any excess grease, and then GENTLY turn upside down and transfer the loaf onto your sheet pan
10)Combine your remaining pepper jelly and ketchup and brush over the meatloaf before returning to the oven, with most of the mixture going over the top of the loaf
11) Bake for another 60 mins or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches approx 165 degrees
12) Take out of the oven and let rest at least 5-8 minutes before slicing + serving!
Watch a short video tutorial of this on our instagram @thatdamjamlady or Facebook @thatdamjam !