We've got another fun & easy Fall recipe for you to try this Thanksgiving! Pumpkin shaped Puff Pastry stuffed with gooey brie, pistachios, & That Dam Jam! Keep reading to learn the recipe!
Here's the Recipe :
- Brie or Camembert (Small Wheel)
- 2 TBSP. That Dam Jam
- Sheet of Puff Pastry
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Nut of Choice (We used Pistachios!) (Optional)
- 1 Egg Yolk (Beaten)
Top of a Green Bell Pepper
-Butcher String or Oven Safe String
-Apples, Pear Slices, Crackers (You'll need something to dip with at the end!)
1) Thaw Puff Pastry for 30 mins
2) Pre-heat oven to 400°
3) Using butcher string, cut 10 long pieces and lay out on a cutting board in the shape of a flat pumpkin (You'll want these pieces to extend 5 or 6 inches larger than the size of your wheel of brie, for reference. Go longer if you're worried the strings won't be long enough, you can always trim them later (See images below)
4) Fold pastry sheet in half, using scissors to cut into a circle to remove excess pastry (Circle should be larger than your wheel of brie for wrapping over (see images below)
5) Place your pastry circle over your laid out string centered, then follow with your wheel of brie
6) Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of your preferred That Dam Jam over the brie and spread evenly
7) Add chopped nuts if desired
8) Slowly fold in the walls of your pastry sheet towards the center, overlapping as you go in order to seal your pumpkin
9) Pull together your strings towards the center of your pumpkin and tie tightly, cinching the pastry lightly to make a pumpkin shape
10) After all strings are tied, beat an egg yolk and brush over the entire surface area of your pumpkin to help with browning
11) Place in oven and bake for 15-25 minutes until golden brown.
12) Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting the strings off and GENTLY removing them. Cut the top off of a green bell pepper & place in the center for the "stem" of your pumpkin!
Enjoy with apple and pear slices and crackers! Happy Holidays!